WELCOME TO PECHANGA'S CLOSET

WELCOME TO MY BLOGGER PAGE FOR PECHANGA'S CLOSET

I WANTED TO SHARE BY FUN FLUFF FILLED FRIENDS I CALL CRAFTIES WITH EVERYONE SO THEY CAN ENJOY THEM AS MUCH AS I DO. THIS WILL BE A YEAR OF LEARNING AND EXPERIMENTING WITH ME AS I GET MY BUSINESS OFF THE GROUND.

A BRIEF SYNOPSIS:

WHEN I WAS 4 YEARS OLD, MY MOM TAUGHT ME TO SEW. I HAVE DABBLED WITH IT OVER THE YEARS, BUT NEVER FORGOT THE TECHNIQUES SHE TAUGHT ME. HER TEACHINGS ALONG WITH MY VIBRANT IMAGINATION ARE WHAT PECHANGA'S CLOSET CRAFTIES ARE ALL ABOUT. MY CRAFTY CREATIONS ARE UNIQUE IN EVERY WAY. EACH ONE THAT I MAKE GIVES ME A SMILE AND A GIGGLE OF ENJOYMENT AS I LOOK AT EACH ONE I FINISH...

"STITCHED WITH LOVE , THEN FILLED WITH FLUFF & FUN!!!"

ALL OF MY CREATIONS ARE ONE OF A KIND. YOU WILL NEVER FIND THEM ANYWHERE ELSE. I MAKE MY OWN PATTERNS AND MATCH MY OWN FABRIC TO MAKE THE MOST UNIQUE CREATIONS. IT'S WHAT I FEEL AT THE MOMENT.

SO ENJOY & WELCOME TO MY CRAZY CRAFTY WORLD.

PECHANGA'S CLOSET IF MY CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS BLENDED WITH MY JOY OF SEWING.


Friday, July 23, 2010

Day 74

A few weeks ago at the Trinity Flea Market, I ran into a friend who was selling her daughters clothes she had grown out of.  In amongst the clothes, I found the cutest pair of jeans, embroidered from "The Gap".  
My friend told me those were her favorite jeans for her daughter when she was little.  Of course, I thought, how could you sell them for a few dollars... So I told her I would make her a bear out of them, so she could keep her favorite jeans forever. Her name would be-- Jeanie Bear!


So with that in mind, and my website going up, I got a message on Facebook this morning from a FB friend asking about making a Memory Bear.  His wife's grandmother passed away and wanted to know if out of some of her clothes I could make a Teddy bear. 


Thinking of the two together...  saving the memory of a toddler wearing a cute pair of jeans and saving the memory of a beloved Grandmother and all she meant to someone.  What a special gift. " Memory Bear"   


What a gift.  


Finished tonight Jeanie Bear, and waiting for the package with Grandma's Clothes so I can make that special gift....


This is a sneak peak at Jeanie Bear




   



No comments:

Post a Comment