WELCOME TO PECHANGA'S CLOSET

WELCOME TO MY BLOGGER PAGE FOR PECHANGA'S CLOSET

I WANTED TO SHARE BY FUN FLUFF FILLED FRIENDS I CALL CRAFTIES WITH EVERYONE SO THEY CAN ENJOY THEM AS MUCH AS I DO. THIS WILL BE A YEAR OF LEARNING AND EXPERIMENTING WITH ME AS I GET MY BUSINESS OFF THE GROUND.

A BRIEF SYNOPSIS:

WHEN I WAS 4 YEARS OLD, MY MOM TAUGHT ME TO SEW. I HAVE DABBLED WITH IT OVER THE YEARS, BUT NEVER FORGOT THE TECHNIQUES SHE TAUGHT ME. HER TEACHINGS ALONG WITH MY VIBRANT IMAGINATION ARE WHAT PECHANGA'S CLOSET CRAFTIES ARE ALL ABOUT. MY CRAFTY CREATIONS ARE UNIQUE IN EVERY WAY. EACH ONE THAT I MAKE GIVES ME A SMILE AND A GIGGLE OF ENJOYMENT AS I LOOK AT EACH ONE I FINISH...

"STITCHED WITH LOVE , THEN FILLED WITH FLUFF & FUN!!!"

ALL OF MY CREATIONS ARE ONE OF A KIND. YOU WILL NEVER FIND THEM ANYWHERE ELSE. I MAKE MY OWN PATTERNS AND MATCH MY OWN FABRIC TO MAKE THE MOST UNIQUE CREATIONS. IT'S WHAT I FEEL AT THE MOMENT.

SO ENJOY & WELCOME TO MY CRAZY CRAFTY WORLD.

PECHANGA'S CLOSET IF MY CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS BLENDED WITH MY JOY OF SEWING.


Sunday, July 11, 2010

DAY 62

What a busy weekend.  I didn't even get a chance to Blog last night.  OOOPsie... :^(


We'll start with my sewing machine...  before I left for Montana I was having a problem with my machine unable to find the straight stitch.  It did all zigzag stiches just fine, but I really need my straight stitch.  So I took my machine into the shop expecting it to be some small thing.  Turns out, he couldn't fix it.  The machine is too old and Husqvarna doensn't make that piece anymore.  So the machine has gone on to Sewing Machine Heaven.


The service man had a machine similar to mine but a littler more computerized.  But then I remembered I had my Mom's machine up in the closet.  I had been fighting using it because she hated it so much.  In my mind, I hated it before I would even use it .  
I had him do a big clean up of the machine since it had been sitting in yuk for almost 10 year approximately and I tried it out today with Butterflies & Birdies.  


I found myself putting that initial, sit down and sew, off...  Then my husband told me to just sit down and try it.  


I am happy to say, I love it.  It took a little getting used to.  It is very very different from any machine I am used to. But very user friendly.  With it's 29 different stitches I was dazzling up the butterflies and birdies with embellishments.  The hardest thing I find it my reverse stitch... I keep going for the wrong place when I go to press it.  I'll get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment