WELCOME TO PECHANGA'S CLOSET

WELCOME TO MY BLOGGER PAGE FOR PECHANGA'S CLOSET

I WANTED TO SHARE BY FUN FLUFF FILLED FRIENDS I CALL CRAFTIES WITH EVERYONE SO THEY CAN ENJOY THEM AS MUCH AS I DO. THIS WILL BE A YEAR OF LEARNING AND EXPERIMENTING WITH ME AS I GET MY BUSINESS OFF THE GROUND.

A BRIEF SYNOPSIS:

WHEN I WAS 4 YEARS OLD, MY MOM TAUGHT ME TO SEW. I HAVE DABBLED WITH IT OVER THE YEARS, BUT NEVER FORGOT THE TECHNIQUES SHE TAUGHT ME. HER TEACHINGS ALONG WITH MY VIBRANT IMAGINATION ARE WHAT PECHANGA'S CLOSET CRAFTIES ARE ALL ABOUT. MY CRAFTY CREATIONS ARE UNIQUE IN EVERY WAY. EACH ONE THAT I MAKE GIVES ME A SMILE AND A GIGGLE OF ENJOYMENT AS I LOOK AT EACH ONE I FINISH...

"STITCHED WITH LOVE , THEN FILLED WITH FLUFF & FUN!!!"

ALL OF MY CREATIONS ARE ONE OF A KIND. YOU WILL NEVER FIND THEM ANYWHERE ELSE. I MAKE MY OWN PATTERNS AND MATCH MY OWN FABRIC TO MAKE THE MOST UNIQUE CREATIONS. IT'S WHAT I FEEL AT THE MOMENT.

SO ENJOY & WELCOME TO MY CRAZY CRAFTY WORLD.

PECHANGA'S CLOSET IF MY CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS BLENDED WITH MY JOY OF SEWING.


Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Day 4



I did it.... The Owlies are officially done.

My owlies are made of 100% wool, wool felt, upholstery material, and stuffed with ultra plush polyester fiber which makes a firm solid stuff.
The bodies are machine sewn to get a tight seam, then I hand sew them to finish.

I have had requests for pudgy owls the most, with droopy sleepy eyes. I like to make all sizes, pudgy, tall, & baby. The babies are my favorite.

I use colorful embroidery thread, some threads were given to me from my French Aunt and are from the war times. They are so soft and easy to work with. The jeweled eyes were Christmas ornaments I found. The minute I saw them they just screamed Owlie Eyes.

The final touch is the feet. I had the idea that large pine cone scales, which are wood, would make the perfect feet. They are soft as if they were sanded down. I have found if placed precisely underneath --- the owlies will stand on their own perfectly.

Mrs. Wise is picking up her 8 owls tomorrow, so in the morning when the light is just right, I'll snap the pictures. I have learned to take pictures of all my crafties... as each one is different, once they are gone, they're gone. I get attached to the little guys,, I miss them. Or it's a weird version of my hoarding,,, which will be another blog... another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment