WELCOME TO PECHANGA'S CLOSET

WELCOME TO MY BLOGGER PAGE FOR PECHANGA'S CLOSET

I WANTED TO SHARE BY FUN FLUFF FILLED FRIENDS I CALL CRAFTIES WITH EVERYONE SO THEY CAN ENJOY THEM AS MUCH AS I DO. THIS WILL BE A YEAR OF LEARNING AND EXPERIMENTING WITH ME AS I GET MY BUSINESS OFF THE GROUND.

A BRIEF SYNOPSIS:

WHEN I WAS 4 YEARS OLD, MY MOM TAUGHT ME TO SEW. I HAVE DABBLED WITH IT OVER THE YEARS, BUT NEVER FORGOT THE TECHNIQUES SHE TAUGHT ME. HER TEACHINGS ALONG WITH MY VIBRANT IMAGINATION ARE WHAT PECHANGA'S CLOSET CRAFTIES ARE ALL ABOUT. MY CRAFTY CREATIONS ARE UNIQUE IN EVERY WAY. EACH ONE THAT I MAKE GIVES ME A SMILE AND A GIGGLE OF ENJOYMENT AS I LOOK AT EACH ONE I FINISH...

"STITCHED WITH LOVE , THEN FILLED WITH FLUFF & FUN!!!"

ALL OF MY CREATIONS ARE ONE OF A KIND. YOU WILL NEVER FIND THEM ANYWHERE ELSE. I MAKE MY OWN PATTERNS AND MATCH MY OWN FABRIC TO MAKE THE MOST UNIQUE CREATIONS. IT'S WHAT I FEEL AT THE MOMENT.

SO ENJOY & WELCOME TO MY CRAZY CRAFTY WORLD.

PECHANGA'S CLOSET IF MY CREATIVE EXPRESSIONS BLENDED WITH MY JOY OF SEWING.


Thursday, August 5, 2010

DAY 87

Still working on my submission to Stuffed Magazine. After talking with my husband, he said I was over-doing it and to go with my original plan.  What? Me over do something.... nahhh..  
In this case,,,, I took his advice. 


So I am Submitting the Ant, the Lady Bug, the Caterpillar & the Leaf  & calling it:


 The Buggy Bug Picnic. 


I made the leaf when I came home for lunch, which turned out perfect, had to run to Joanns Fabrics for, of all things, red gingham for a small square for the tablecloth.   So got back home, and after house must do can't get out of house duties, I sat down to start the face of the Leaf.  The eyes are perfect, using a small 1/2 wool ball for nose & the mouth.  Well, the mouth,  the dang mouth, it is my nightmare and has taken up my entire night. I have ripped it off four times now and started over.  


While doing this, my puppy Leroy is flinging around his toy, a rubber chicken.  Throwing it up in the air and chewing on it, then back up in the air.  When into my lap falls something yucky.  What the heck. 


It's the lips of the chicken.. yes lips.  And here they fell right into my lap. Is this a sign?  Heck yeah.  So I grabbed up those red rubber chicken lips, grabbed some red felt. And Voila!  I now have the leaf completed red chicken lips and all!!!!!! It's just strange enough to work.  
I'm hoping to be done tomorrow and Fed Ex my package to the Magazine.  


Today I wrote my whole three page synopsis of my Crafties in detail... just need to change the part about how I sewed the mouth on the Leaf, to How I sewed the red rubber chicken lips to the Leaf.   


  

No comments:

Post a Comment